The new SkyHD DRX595 is designed in the same fashion as the stylish DRX895 range of receivers with a high gloss black finish that looks very stylish and can be stored not only horizontally or vertically. Not only is the receiver as sleek as the new DRX895 range of digiboxes but it's smaller as well measuring 273mm Wide and 52mm High.
As we would expect the DRX595 has a HDMI output for watching both standard and high definition channels as well as allowing access to 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound which is a new feature for a Sky Digibox. The DRX595 also has one scart cable an optical output, LNB input, USB, 10 pin mini DIN and Ethernet port.
It's worth noting that the DRX595 does not have a modulator i.e. an aerial input and output although it is possible to connect this Digibox to other TVs via coax cable by using a modulator.
Please also note that this is a Standard Sky HD Digibox and not a Sky+HD box and does NOT have an internal hard drive for recording.
Sky DRX595 Sky HD Digibox Main Features
- Suitable for watching both SD and HD channels
- Upscale all SD content with the use of HDMI
- Single tuner, requires just one satellite dish cable
- High quality build and reliability
- Modified version of latest HD EPG, including mini-TV mode
- 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound via HDMI, a Sky first
- Sleek, modern design and high gloss black finish which can be stored vertically or horizontally
Sky DRX595 Sky HD Digibox Specifications
Latest design Sky DRX595
Dimensions (Width x Depth x Height): 273 x 204 x 52 mm
Weight: 2kg approx.
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x SCART (TV, VCR)
- 1 x Optical Output (SPDIF)
- 1 x LNB Input
- 1 x USB
- 1 x RJ45 Ethernet Port
- 1 x 10 pin mini DIN
Sky DRX595 Remote Control Unit
The DRX595 is an HD receiver that replaces the now discontinued standard digiboxes. The new receiver from Sky allows users to view both high definition and standard definition although unlike the DRX895 does not have an internal hard drive for Sky+ recording.